A non-profit organization enhancing wellness, health, and education is seeking a Park Heights Senior Program Director to lead programming and community engagement with a specific focus on children and families while serving the needs of the Orthodox community.
This energetic and ambitious individual will manage all existing programs and, Success in this role will be measured by overall program participation, membership growth and community satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of programming to include but not be limited to Children, Youth, Arts & Culture, and Camps.
- Supervise and provide leadership support for staff working with programs.
- Develop, implement, supervise and manage large Park Heights program events.
- Coordinate and facilitate regular Park Heights meetings to review and evaluate current programs and develop new programs and activities that continue to meet the needs of our members and community.
- Work with program team and support departments to maximize all resources.
- Act as the liaison to the marketing department for all Park Heights related marketing pieces to assure marketing materials are culturally sensitive to the Orthodox Community.
- Responsible for educating staff and providing guidance and support about Jewish/Orthodox traditions and practices to assure our Park Heights programs, classes, and schedules maintain the cultural sensitivities of this community.
- Work closely with the Park Heights Membership Director to discuss, resolve and communicate Park Heights member related issues and concerns.
- Assist direct reports with annual budget process and monitor budgets throughout the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned and support other events as needed.
- Strong knowledge of traditional Jewish culture and traditions and understanding of the Park Heights Jewish Observant community
- Ability to liaison with Jewish organizations and communal leadership
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; and ability to communicate effectively with staff, members, community partners and lay leaders
- Minimum 5 years children, youth and/or adult programming experience including supervisory and budget management experience
- A quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to multi-task and take ownership of programs
- Works effectively in a team-oriented culture
- Understands and is committed to developing strategies that align with the organization’s Mission
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Jewish Communal Service is desirable
The work environment is usually fast paced. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff as well as with members, other agency staff, community leaders, and outside partners, and others.
This is a fulltime, 40 hour per week position that will work primarily Sunday through Thursday with the need for flexibility to accommodate meetings, programs and events that may occur during non-regularly (mutually agreed upon) scheduled hours. This position may require a varying work schedule during the summer camps season.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package
Schedule 40 hours per week, varied hours