A nonprofit with a mission to inspire and educate people to join with them in the active support and conservation of wildlife and wild places, is seeking to hire a Full-time Visitor Services Agent to join its team to be responsible for exciting, engaging, and entertaining guests in a way that promotes a positive experience. This position requires a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Interact in a consistently pleasant and helpful manner to fellow employees, guests, vendors, and other visitors and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service
- Provide guests with information on all aspects of the experience such as exhibits, on-ground activities (including times and locations), routes, construction, shuttles, train, and membership information
- Provide guest control, including challenging situations
- Use a campus wide radio system to communicate information
- Assist with transporting guests safely to and from designated locations throughout assigned shift
- Maintain cleanliness at work locations
- Ensure guest safety at all times
- Load and unload responsibilities associated with shuttle
- Load and unload responsibilities associated with amusement rides
- Assist with completing daily preventative maintenance on all rides, shuttle, and train
- Monitor and validate memberships of guests at the entrance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Friendly and outgoing
- Possess a positive and patient attitude
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Adaptability- Willingness to work until the last guest has left grounds each scheduled day
- Minors (14 to 17 years of age) may be considered for employment by the Human Resources Department; However, minors are required to furnish an authorized work permit agreement with the necessary signatures to legally work at the company
- Must be able to stand and remain active for an eight hour shift
- Must be able to walk large areas as needed
- Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events
- Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment including rides, two-way radio, telephone, etc.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Various shifts; Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events.
Zip code: 21217