A nonprofit organization which supports youth and adults with disabilities to experience full inclusion in their communities as they learn, work, and pursue their paths to personal success is seeking a Full-time Vice President, DDA & Autism Services to join its team. The Vice President (VP) of DDA & Autism Services is responsible for the coordination and oversight of services funded by the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA) as well as related supports for individuals with autism. The VP will develop, implement, and market organization’s services, ensuring high quality programs that exceed regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provide direct supervision to the Directors overseeing the Community Integration & Person-Centered Planning departments.
- Oversee the management of its behavioral supports, strategies, and interventions to ensure proper implementation of behavior plans, timely data analysis identifying trends, and sound recommendations regarding strategies (including protocol for individuals who may not require formal behavior plans).
- In collaboration with CEO, research, explore, evaluate, and pursue implementation of alternate funding to support services specific to autism and other underserved and/or growing populations.
- Develop and implement new DDA and/or autism-related services, ensuring compliance with all relevant funding and governing bodies
- Network, communicate, attend, and actively participate in external meetings to establish/expand a network of peers and other organizations with the goal of cooperative collaboration and mutual idea/resource sharing.
- Attend ongoing trainings and meetings with the DDA, MACS, MSDE, and other relevant governing bodies and/or training providers.
- Prepare quality trainings for departmental staff, focusing on new hire/onboarding materials as well as ongoing opportunities for professional development, including maximizing the use of its in-service days.
- Ensure that administrative compliance measures are met for assigned departments, paying particular attention to required written policies, trainings, incident reports, etc.
- Monitor and adapt to changes in DDA service definitions, Center for Medicaid Services (CMS) rulings, OHCQ standards; ensure that its policies are in place and accurately describe how our agency meets the regulations of each governing body.
- Work closely with CEO and department directors to ensure timely submission of billing and related documentation that should be maintained in iCare.
- Prepare and monitor/manage relevant departmental budgets, including gaining proper administrative approval for all unbudgeted expenses.
- Work collaboratively with other Leadership Team members and staff to ensure consistency between programs.
- Ensure timely completion of performance evaluations of all department staff.
- Assist in creating a progressive, safe, and inclusive workplace; play an active role in maintaining a positive working environment that values trust and mutual respect.
- Participate as an active member of its Leadership Team.
- Operationalize the mission by creating a supportive environment for participants, families and staff.
- Available via cell phone for on-call/crisis situations
- Master’s Degree in related field such as psychology, counseling, education, human services, behavioral psychology, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with adults or children with developmental disabilities.
- Minimum of 7 years of supervisory experience, at least 2 of which include supervising management level staff.
- Extensive knowledge of Maryland’s Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), including the most recent waiver amendments and service definitions.
- Familiarity with Maryland’s Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) system preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, as well as strong skills related to teambuilding and working collaboratively across departments.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit package, including fully paid medical health insurance for employee, matching 403b, and 22 days of PTO to start).
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid position
Zip code: 21108
Job ID: #64163VPDDA