One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a University Budget Analyst to be responsible for accurate budget and financial information internally and externally.
- Oversee the budget transactions for Student Affairs, Marketing, President’s Office, Legal, Inclusion and Equity, Sponsored and Applied Research, Athletics, and University Advancement and serve as the main point of contact
- This includes approving regular and contingent position requisitions; processing funding issues for new hires or reclassifications; changing funding sources for position budgets in PS-CS9 (soon to be Oracle Cloud Financials); creating annual merit and COLA spreadsheets; calculating auxiliary departments object one variances; investigating and processing budget transfers; working with divisional budget officers and departments to resolve over expenditures related to AP, purchase requisitions, PO postings, and journal postings; processing budget amendments; keeping track of funds obligated at the end of the fiscal year by verifying if funds were actually spent and reversing unused funds back to central, and performing mid-year reviews for self-support areas
- Analyze current and past University financial performance and trends to determine present and future performance
- Provide reporting of University revenues and expenditures through various models and forecasting. Perform variance analysis and reporting
- Provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders of the University, including colleagues within the Financial Planning, Accounting, and Analysis subdivision
- Provide high-level analysis, report building and presentations and summary reports to AVP, Administration and Finance, CFO, and executives
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of related experience
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (especially Excel)
- Presentation skills
- PeopleSoft Financials
- Oracle Cloud Financials and HCM
Pay: Competitive salary
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252