A bank which provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and commercial financial services through 980 branches, 2,100 ATMs, and a variety of online and mobile services is seeking to hire a Teller (Bilingual in Hebrew Preferred) for a branch location in Baltimore. The position is responsible for providing exceptional service to branch customers and resolving routine customer problems in a timely manner. It is important for the jobholder to exemplify empathy, customer centricity, flexibility and adaptability, digital fluency, entrepreneurial spirit, and critical thinking in support of the Company’s culture and brand. The position is responsible for interacting with appropriate areas within the Bank to ensure branch-related operational issues are resolved efficiently and accurately. It is important for the position to stay current on operational changes and demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable losses and reducing fraudulent activity. This position specializes in our branch customer experience through digital engagement, lobby management, transactional processing, and retail servicing interactions, while also processing a variety of financial transactions in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Adhere to the established customer service standards and provide a differentiated experience by understanding customer needs and delivering solutions in moments that matter most to them.
- Educate our customers through shoulder-to-shoulder digital demonstrations; identify self-service opportunities that meet the customer’s identified needs.
- Actively engage in lobby management, meeting and greeting customers and proactively inquiring and taking ownership to address the customer’s immediate need.
- Accurately balance and process customer transactions efficiently following Bank Policy.
- Take ownership of escalated account services issues until resolution; complete and accurately log all customer complaints in the appropriate system.
- Transition identified sales opportunity and provide introduction to appropriate banking partner.
- Complete branch-related operational activities as appropriate (e.g., cash ordering, vault, ATM, and wire transfer activities).
- Process customer/account maintenance accurately.
- Complete Consumer AML (Anti-Money Laundering)/BSA (Bank Secrecy Act)/ KYC (Know Your Customer related activities.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Bank brand.
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and minimum of 6 months customer service experience, including data entry and/or cash handling experience
- Ability to fluently communicate both verbally and in writing with bank customers in both English and the specified second language. Proficiency to be determined via an online assessment.
- Proven verbal communication skills
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to demonstrated exceptional customer service
- Proven time management skills
- Proven prioritization skills
- Proficient with internet user-level technology
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bilingual based on branch needs (Hebrew)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Prolonged use of hands and fingers
- Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighing 5lbs – 30 lbs.
- Ability to read fine print
- Ability to interact with customers in an open face to face work environment
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package.
Zip Code: 21209
Job ID: #66051BT