A full-service accounting and consulting firm dedicated to providing clients with transparency, superior service and dynamic results, is seeking a Full-time Tax Supervisor to join its growing team. The Tax Supervisor is responsible for organizing and managing client assignments and projects including the completion of assignment tasks and project components as well as coaching, advising, and directing team members in meeting client, and self-development expectations.
- Supervise client tax engagements, including engagement planning, directing and completion of assigned tax projects
- Supervise, mentor and train tax associates on assigned tax projects
- Review client tax returns and make necessary recommendations regarding accuracy and pertinent tax savings opportunities
- Prepare client tax returns for more complex individual, trust, corporate, partnership and S Corporation tax clients
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities in a timely manner
- Generate and edit memoranda, correspondence and other client deliverables as necessary
- Research and consult with management on client-related tax matters
- Participate in business development and networking events on behalf of the firm
- Perform other duties assigned or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 8-12 years public accounting experience
- CPA or sitting for CPA exam required
- Previous tax preparation experience required
- Capable of leading client tax projects and supervising other tax staff
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong computer software skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Prosystem Engagement, CCH Axcess and RIA Checkpoint
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week, with longer hours required during tax season. Offers flexible scheduling.
Zip code: 21117