A dynamic CPA and consulting firm is seeking an Audit & Assurance Staff Associate to join its team. Under the direction of more senior team members, the Staff Associate assists with the completion of Audit & Assurance engagements to include performing audit procedures, preparing financial statements and management letters, and using audit tools and technologies to analyze client data to provide meaningful insights to clients’ financial statements. The firm is headquartered in Owings Mills, Maryland and while this new hire may often work remotely, s/he will be required to commute to our corporate office and travel to client/prospect meetings, conferences, etc., as dictated by business need.
- Execute day-to-day activities of audit engagements for our clients including SEC registrants and non-profit organizations.
- Proactively communicate with the audit team on various aspects of engagements
- Identifying and researching clients’ accounting issues
- Compiling and analyzing client data
- Interacting with clients to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Providing exceptional service to clients remotely and in-person, always serving as a positive brand ambassador for Firm
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
- Desire and willingness to become a CPA within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Experience interacting with clients, establishing credibility, trust, and healthy relationships.
- Demonstrable examples of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Willingness and ability to travel to client sites, networking events, conferences, etc., as dictated by business need.
- Completion of minimum educational requirements for CPA licensure
- MBA or master’s degree in accounting
- Minimum three (3) months of recent internship and/or other hands-on experience in accounting and/or external audit
- Experience working in a public accounting firm(s)
- Experience with financial accounting and/or financial accounting reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies.
Employment visa sponsorship is not a benefit currently offered by Firm and we do not anticipate that this will change in the future.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Zip code: 21117
Job ID: #64029ISAAA