One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Shuttle Driver/Postal Services Processor to be responsible for ensuring safe delivery of passengers on fixed and/or demand service routes and/or postal mail and packages. Employee may be required to periodically work outside of their regular scheduled shift, including weekends and holidays, in support of campus events or other operational needs.
- Serve as a shuttle driver for small non-CDL buses.
- Assist with Post Office Operations including delivering packages to/from the post office, to/from dorms, and other University buildings.
- Fueling and cleaning vehicles.
- Cover tasks for other staff as needed.
- Administrative tasks include handling phones, emails, walk-ins, data entry, and review of department information and reports.
- Assist with mandatory and scheduled campus events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma and one year of driving experience.
- Valid Driver’s License with less than 5 points.
- Ability to pass and maintain a valid State of Maryland DOT certification.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds, work long distances, stand for extended periods of time, and work outside in all types of weather conditions.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
Schedule: Full-time; May be required to periodically work outside of their regular scheduled shift, including weekends and holidays, in support of campus events or other operational needs.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794SDPSP