A nonprofit organization that supports independent living and rehabilitation and structured training programs, is looking for an experienced sewing machine operations for its Baltimore plant.
To be successful: Have a passion for perfection, is a team player, and is self-motivated, has the skills to operate commercial sewing machines.
Who we are:
The BISM textile operations group manufactures military uniforms for our nation’s military. We are known for our outstanding quality, excellent customer service and on-time delivery.
What we do: We cut and sew and distribute contract military tactical gear.
What will you do: Operate sewing machines to perform related sewing operations in the manufacture of garments.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
What knowledge skills and abilities do I need?
Prior experience operating sewing machines, preferably industrial sewing experience.
As well as:
- Ability to count.
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions or instructions given by demonstration.
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
- Ability to operate automated and semi-automated machines as well as hand tools.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Tuition reimbursement
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 hour shifts
Job ID 19828 SMO