One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Senior Payroll Processor within the Office of Payroll. The purpose of this position is to manage the preparation of the university’s bi-weekly Regular payroll for submission to the Central Payroll Bureau and utilize expertise in PeopleSoft payroll processing. In coordination with the Office of Human Resources, this position will assist in managing timekeeping functions for the university to ensure proper policies, procedures, and regulations are being followed by university employees.
- Manage all aspects of the preparation of the university’s bi-weekly Regular payroll for submission to Central Payroll Bureau
- Manage all supplemental payment documents to ensure accurate processing and posting. Document types include faculty contracts, additional compensation to faculty, flat rate forms, secondary employment, and award payments. This processing could also include negative adjustments if furloughs are required by the State of Maryland
- Manage accurate PeopleSoft HR/Payroll Additional Pay module payment set up. These payments are in addition to regular employees’ normal bi-weekly salary and require separate posting in both PeopleSoft HCM and Central Payroll Bureau
- Administer the setup and maintenance of payment spreadsheets used as a control system to track biweekly payments due and process data changes
- Work on special projects, such as furlough reductions and one-time bonus pays, with OHR and Central Payroll Bureau. These can require pay adjustments over multiple payrolls that must be managed
- Assist with the Contingent payroll processing as needed and assume duties of the Asst Payroll Supervisor in his/her absence
- High School Diploma and six years of payroll experience, two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity
- Thorough knowledge of complex and specialized payroll rules
- Ability to run and troubleshoot processes and to create queries
- Functional knowledge of Imaging software and Central Payroll Bureau’s accounting system
- Supervisory and team-building skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a hectic environment and to multi-task
- Preference: Previous experience in a Higher Education environment
- Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience
Schedule: Full-time; Mostly remote but will require occasional office time.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252