A nonprofit that generates economic benefits for the region by marketing Baltimore as an engaging cultural destination for visitors, an ideal destination for meetings and conventions, and as an advocate for the local tourism community that generates economic benefits for the region by, is seeking a Senior Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join its team. The Senior Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting public relations, communications, and marketing functions for the team. The ideal candidate is a positive, team player that’s eager to learn and take on independent responsibilities in support of the larger team. Must be able to thrive in a matrixed organization that fosters a fast-paced, collaborative, and results-based work environment.
- Support public relations and corporate communications functions including connecting with hospitality partners to develop journalist itineraries, coordinating and co-chaperoning journalist visits, and triaging journalist inquiries.
- Drafting media advisories and pitches
- Assisting the team at press events
- Other duties as assigned
- Support marketing functions including contributing to content brainstorm sessions
- Advertising planning and the assembly of campaign recaps and presentation decks
- Assisting with grant administration and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide general administrative and event support for the department as needed
- Continually contribute to furthering the goals of the organization and department
- Comply with company policies and procedure
- Preferred Associates degree or higher, with 2+ years’ PR, Communications or Marketing experience; Knowledge of hospitality, meetings, and conventions and/or tourism industries; preferred. Interest in influencer marketing and event planning a plus
- Passion for news, trends, and all things Baltimore
- Enjoys social events and interactions
- Extremely organized, detail and process oriented and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Demonstrates superior writing, editing, fact-checking, researching and proofreading skills with the ability to incorporate Visit Baltimore’s writing style and brand tone of voice
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and make routine decisions on own
- Team player with ability to demonstrate flexibility related to job tasks when required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills in dealing with internal and external customers
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, and Outlook
- Flexible work schedule to include occasional evening and weekend hours as needed
- A positive attitude, dependability and professionalism is a must
Schedule: Full-time; Includes occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Benefits: Benefit Package included.
Zip code: 21201
Job ID: #11640SMCC