A hospital that is part of the largest and most comprehensive health care providers in Maryland, is seeking to hire a Full-time Senior Data Analyst to work for its Corporate office in Baltimore City. The Senior Data Analyst for the Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) is responsible for designing, documenting, conducting, and interpreting analysis for complex projects focusing on performance, quality, cost, utilization, and outcome initiatives. Supports the coordination and alignment of analytics activities and works with a team to provide recommendations and summaries to support data-driven decision-making.
Performs analysis and creates reports and recommendations using analytic, statistic, and data visualization methods, resources, and tools. Works with analytics team and subject-matter-experts throughout system to incorporate appropriate clinical and business context into analytic projects.
- Responsible for analytic and statistical design of projects in consultation with stakeholders.
- Extracts, aggregates, cleans, models, and manipulates data and databases in partnership with IS and other domain or data analysts. Uses or develops highly specialized applications to integrate disparate data and systems for downstream analysis.
- Ensures data integration and integrity. Uses knowledge and automated methodologies to assist enterprise data domain owners in evaluating data integrity and employs validation techniques to ensure the quality and accuracy of analysis.
Serves as a technical expert, resource, and advisor supporting data analytics and data visualization within system. Acts as a technical resource for support applications, product development, and data processes associated with analytics.
- Develops improved procedures and best policies for data analysis and data visualization across the organization; Writes scripts, routines, and programs for data projects.
- Builds data models. Some knowledge of machine learning algorithms and techniques is desirable.
- Serves as a resource and advisor for statistics and statistical tools (e.g., R, SPSS, SAS, STATA) as well as methodologies (e.g., labor productivity measurement) across the organization.
- Develops custom database solutions for analytic projects, as needed. Familiarity with database queries based on multiple joins, case, and group by statements, subqueries, and window functions.
- Stays current with industry knowledge and advancements in analytical resources/methods/tools to best support business needs.
Dashboards and Reports
Creates dashboards to track progress, outcomes, and operations. Summarizes and presents project findings and recommendations through written reports, presentations, and dashboards.
- Prepares written reports, presentations, and dashboards of analytic projects to help organizational leaders improve healthcare delivery and operations.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate trends to key stakeholders in support of system performance, quality, cost utilization, and outcomes.
- Supports development and maintenance of data sources underlying visualizations, presentations, and reports.
Works as a part of a team and collaborates with customers to provide support and service for optimal analytics.
- Acts as the technical expert, resource, and advisor supporting the use of data visualization and statistical analyses developed for end users.
- Provides positive and timely support to leadership and other analysts.
- Maintains positive and productive relationships with leadership, end users, vendors, and peers.
- Seasoned professional knowledge; equivalent to a master’s degree; knowledge in more than one discipline
- 5-7 years of experience
- Must be detail-oriented with strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills. Ability to think creatively and work collaboratively to address problems
- Able to organize large and complex work efforts into manageable components that will deliver predictable and measurable outcomes
- Well-developed communication skills, including ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders both verbally and in writing
- Experience working with healthcare data is preferred
As a condition of employment, if not already completed, all new hires are required to receive the first dose of the COVID-19 Vaccination Series prior to their Occupational Health pre-employment assessment and scheduled to complete the Vaccine Series within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
Benefits: Benefit package included
Schedule: Full-time; 8:00am- 4:30 pm; Remote
Zip code: Remote
Job ID: #10838SDA