A dynamic CPA and consulting firm is seeking a Full-time Senior Consultant to join Accounting & Finance Practice. This person will report directly to the Senior Manager. Our firm is headquartered in Owings Mills, Maryland and while this new hire may often work remotely, s/he will be required to commute to our corporate office and travel to client/prospect meetings, conferences, etc., as dictated by business need. It is not just about the accounting work that needs to be done, it is about supporting the greater business objectives including working with different departments, getting into the details, and problem solving for our clients! The Senior Consultant will need to leverage their complete skill set as our clients face varying challenges. Some recent initiatives include ensuring the systems and procedures are in place to conduct flawless financial reporting and audits, driving change management with process improvement, and scaling accounting infrastructure to support growth initiatives. Most importantly the Senior Consultant needs to be just as energetic and passionate about the company as the business stakeholders.
- Providing financial statement preparation and analysis, accounting process transformation, and accounting standard implementation
- Advising clients on how to improve and optimize internal controls, implement new accounting standards, and analyze risk.
- Participating and leading accounting software implementations or integrations, including upgrades and training.
- Researching and resolving technical questions
- Staying informed of industry trends and providing other value-added recommendations to clients
- Maintaining client relationships and partnering with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in accounting, Finance, or another relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of recent accounting experience, public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience using ERP/Accounting systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- FP&A experience
- Problem solver, abstract thinker – little reliance on ‘what was done last year’, continuous improvement mindset, respectful, and diligent.
- Always looking out for the best interest of the client
Employment visa sponsorship is not a benefit currently offered by Firm and we do not anticipate this changing in the future.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (computer work). While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Zip code: 21117
Job ID: #64029SC