A non-profit human service organization is seeking a dedicated and experienced Senior Accountant to join our finance department and support our Controller and senior management in managing financial operations and reporting. The Senior Accountant will play a pivotal role in preparing accurate financial statements, overseeing daily accounting activities, and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. In addition, this role will be instrumental in budgeting and forecasting processes, driving financial performance improvements, and maintaining the integrity of our financial records. If you are a skilled financial professional with a keen eye for detail and a passion for delivering insights that inform strategic decisions, we encourage you to apply.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
- Oversee daily accounting activities, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, grant accounting, and general ledger maintenance.
- Prepare departmental financial reports as requested.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant financial regulations and standards, including tax laws, GAAP, and industry-specific requirements.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and forecasts, providing valuable insights and analysis to support financial planning and decision-making.
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement, presenting findings to senior management.
- Regularly present insightful financial analyses and proactively identify cost-saving opportunities and revenue growth strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA certification preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience.
- Strong knowledge of financial regulations and accounting standards.
- Proficiency in financial software (Sage Intacct preferred) and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Experience overseeing grants and ensuring adherence to funding guidelines.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
The Senior Accountant position is critical for maintaining financial integrity, ensuring compliance, and providing valuable financial insights to drive the organization’s growth and stability. If you are a results-oriented financial professional looking to make a significant impact, we invite you to apply and be part of our dynamic team.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Zip code: 21215
Job ID: #10158SA