A Nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore has an immediate opening for a Full-time experienced Senior Accountant to join the finance team. The Senior Accountant will work under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Responsibilities include work on the general ledger, financial reports, and budgets.
- Overall shared responsibility over certain components of Company’s general ledger to include:
- Perform monthly/quarterly/annual close and maintain accounting records.
- Ensure the timely and accurate posting, balancing, and reconciliation of general ledger accounts; ensure propriety of balances.
- Manage Company’s budgets including budget vs actual reports.
- Manage Company’s account receivables.
- Manage accounting related system updates in Sage Intacct and other systems that the organization uses.
- Assist with cash flow projections.
- Manage budget workbooks.
- Assist in creating financial statement packages for CHAI as well as for specific grants and contracts, including reviewing resulting variances to ensure budget adherence to approved budgets. This includes:
- Preparing information and assisting with program and annual audits including researching and addressing key accounting positions, audit inquiries and related audit workpapers and requests.
- Researching and analyzing fluctuations between current financial results compared to budgeted amounts and reporting the information on budget vs actual reports.
- Embrace a culture of continuous process improvement:
- Assist in implementing internal controls, including the use of automated controls across the organization.
- Assist with ensuring the proper functionality of accounting systems including the procurement syste
- Identify improved ways to use system functionality to automate routine tasks and reporting.
- Generally, support the CFO as needed, including special projects.
- Serve as Accountant of the Myerberg Center and assist in financial management as part of the Myerberg team.
- Assist with Housing Development project requisitions.
- Assist with Housing Development project budgets.
- Work collaboratively with Housing Development staff on all project budgets and reports, assisting in requisitions and cost certification audits as needed.
Subsidiary Property Owner Entities
- In collaboration with Housing & Services team, assist with accounting functions relating to the subsidiary property ownership entities.
- Assist with operating and capital budgets, financial reports, audits, taxes, surplus cash, and other financial matters relating to the properties.
- Support reporting on both calendar and fiscal year end entities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Experience with a nonprofit charitable organization environment preferred experience with grants a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with US GAAP and US Tax Code as it applies to non- profit, charitable, tax-exempt organizations; CPA preferred.
- Experience with accounting software designed for the non-profit market a plus.
- Strong computer literacy including, but not limited to, MS Office Suite.
- Advanced knowledge and utilization of MS Excel.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile.
- Good interpersonal skills. Able to work with a diverse group of people on a range of different projects, including the ability to deal with challenging interactions and situations.
- Able to meet deadlines, work independently and handle confidential information.
- Able to deal with and prioritize multiple projects.
- Maintain a professional and calm demeanor.
- Receptive to and accepting guidance from others.
- Be a valuable team player and supportive colleague.
- Work extra time, as necessary, to complete tasks based on management and board expectations.
Pay: $90,000-$100,000 annually; salary commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Benefits: Benefit Package included.
Zip code: 21215
Job ID: # 10281SA