A network of intensive outpatient (IOP) addiction treatment centers in Maryland, Pennsylvania, northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, is seeking to hire a Full-time Revenue Cycle Manager to join its Burtonsville location in a hybrid capacity, as it is expanding its Revenue Cycle Management Team. The role is responsible for managing the RCM department and serves as an integral member of our team, ensuring we maintain a healthy AR profile. The Revenue Cycle Manager effectively contributes to our overall financial targets as well as the daily business decisions. This position will continually engage in leading and inspiring their team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities. This position is responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of Claims Submission, Insurance Follow-up, Insurance Validation, Financial Counseling, Collections, Cash Posting and Cashiering. The Revenue Cycle Manager ensures compliance with reimbursement requirements and ensures appropriate interpretation of Medicare, state and federal billing regulations. The Manager leads the recruitment, retention and enrichment of RCM staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and billing trends. Oversees billing operation including control of unbilled and unprinted receivables and ensures that all billing meets third party payor’s clean claims requirements and billing statutes. Identifies opportunities for improvement in current processes and procedures. Prepares analysis of revenue, cash, denials and receivables trends and implements changes as needed to improve revenue cycle metrics. Analyzes and reports data to various internal and external counterparts to demonstrate accounts receivable and compliance impact.
- Manages the end-to-end revenue cycle process – claim auditing and preparation, billing, tracking and following up on denials and AR past 90 days due
- Troubleshoot payor issues independently and proactively. Take ownership of payor disputes and audits.
- Have exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable KPIs
- Develop processes based on set rules and ensure this information is disseminated to the appropriate teams within the RCM Department..
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, insurance laws, regulatory changes, and new technologies/systems within health care revenue cycle management
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, Health Care, or related field
- 5+ years of healthcare billing and revenue cycle experience, ideally in a provider setting
- Effective leadership and analytical skills including working knowledge of financial statement analysis, best practice for Billing and AR management, and insurance industry knowledge
- Strong mentoring and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively manage and develop team members
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated capability in exercising sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, clinical practice management programs (Credible and Samms is a plus), and able to learn new technical systems as needed.
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Exceptional ability in building trusting relationships and maintaining confidentiality
- Strong collaboration capabilities with peers and teammates
- Excellent judgment
- Clear and concise communication style
- Ability to creatively solve problem and manage challenges effectively.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid position
Zip code: 20866