One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Research Associate for its Regional Economic Studies Institute (RESI). This position will assist in leading research projects at RESI.
- Perform research to support the projects objectives for current and up-coming projects, utilizing web-based and internal resources as required, and will write up the results
- Assist in extracting and analyzing data from various federal, state, and local sources using JMP and Excel. Data sources include, but are not limited to: QCEW, CBP, and proprietary data sets
- Summarize, concatenate and join data tables as necessary to support the analytical tasks of the research project
- Will be willing to learn IMPLAN input-output modeling through on-the-job training to perform impact analyses; This expectation of training would apply toother software tools
- Create drafts of data summaries and research summaries, focusing on grammatical and stylistic details
- Manage student interns in research projects
- Assist the Economists, Director, and Research Manager in designing the appropriate research methodology for projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of experience
- Familiarity with federal, state and local data sources as well as JMP and Excel
- Ability to communicate with State and contractor staff using language of research, programming and business
- Preference given to candidates with education or experience in the field of economics
Pay: Competitive salary
Schedule: Contract; At least 30 hours/week.
Benefits: Contractual employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage.
Zip code: 21252