A Baltimore summer jobs program for youths, is seeking Remote Job Coaches.
Typically, youth participating in YouthWorks hold positions within organizations throughout Baltimore. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing, YouthWorks 2021 will include a learn-to-earn virtual curriculum model. To support Youth and assist them in maximizing the summer experience, Job Coaches will assist students in navigating the curriculum.
This is a youth development position, serving youth ages 14 to 21 who will be completing a learn-to-earn virtual YouthWorks curriculum. As a Job Coach, you will support and supervise a cohort of 15 students to engage in the curriculum and make the most of the opportunity. The virtual YouthWorks curriculum creates a youth employment experience focused on developing youth in Financial Literacy, Job Readiness, Career Planning, Health & Wellness, Cultural Awareness & Empowerment, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate a virtual daily morning check-in with the cohort to review the agenda for the day, respond to questions, and confirm individual session appointments
- Provide regular individual video conference sessions with each student and extra sessions for students who need additional support
- Encourage and facilitate peer-to-peer tutoring and support where appropriate
- Review and ensure daily completion of assignments and follow-up as necessary
- Review and verify daily attendance
- Administer and document feedback surveys
- Refer students to technical, mental health, or additional resources, as needed
- Actively seek out ways to better engage youth virtually in a digital learning environment
- Facilitate a virtual end of the day daily debrief with the cohort
- Review and approve time of youth participants
- Support career and college readiness week.
- Submit an End-Of-Summer Report
Additional Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
- Education: a minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 21 years old.
- Experience in youth development through teaching, coaching, volunteering, or another similar environment:
- Ability to lead team meetings with youth
- Ability to lead or facilitate experiential learning in a virtual environment
- Interest and passion for working with youth:
- Empathy and experience working with youth from historically oppressed areas
- Familiarity and comfort with analyzing and adapting to support a student’s learning needs
- Familiarity with coping strategies in crisis cases which allow individuals to overcome their problems or fears to create a more conducive development and learning opportunity
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to learning barriers
- Familiarity with building career and/or job readiness skills with youth
- Technology and online communication:
- Comfort using Zoom, Google Hangouts, or WebEx and online learning platforms to facilitate learning
- Ability to manage and facilitate youth cohort communications via group video conferencing, email or instant messaging app, and one-on-one mentoring relationship
- Mature, self-starter with the desire and ability to initiate and execute
- Access to a computer or laptop with a microphone and camera and high-speed internet capabilities
- Ability to pass a mandatory criminal background check and drug screen
- Ability to virtually report to work from 8:30 am – 2:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Pay: $15 per hour
Schedule: Full time
Dates of Employment: June 14, 2021 – August 9, 2021
35 hours per week, 7 hours per day (taking out time for lunch), Monday – Friday