A top-ranked law school located in a vibrant city community within walking distance from Baltimore’s Inner Harbor is seeking to hire a Full-time Recruitment Specialist to join its Career Development Office and work in a hybrid capacity. The Recruitment Specialist provides professional and administrative expertise supporting the Team’s day-to-day operations. Deadline management, problem resolution and logistical coordination are essential, as are optimism and team spirit in an office that motivates students to pursue their employment aspirations. This position connects students with legal employers participating in CDO recruiting programs and employment pipelines. This school requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Manages job postings including checking and approving online listings to entering new listings on Simplicity, addressing employer questions, contacting employers as necessary to acquire accurate listing information, and sharing application packets for interviews or Resumes Collections.
- Produces and distributes an e-job newsletter weekly or as requested.
- Assists with planning and coordinating job search and career-related student programming including Fall/Spring Mock Interview programs and Interviewing Skills programs.
- Creates interview sessions and schedules for Spring/Fall on-campus and off-campus interview programs, or online recruiting programs. Coordinates interviews and conveys schedules to students and employers.
- Serves as the logistical point of contact for students and employers participating in the Office’s interview programs, career fairs and sponsored employment consortia. Responds to inquiries and confirms registrations.
- Creates timeline materials and updates registration forms for On-campus interviews and other recruiting programs.
- Coordinates a comprehensive calendar of employer recruiting visits and career-related programs, maintains employer and student recruiting data, and generates recruitment reports, using web-based information management systems.
- Assists with publicizing employer visits and professional development programs to students, facilitating involvement in career activities geared to enhance their job-search results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years administrative or program coordination experience.
- Related experience to program may be substituted for education.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and budgets.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make decisions independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects.
- Skill in communicating efficiently and effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of people internal and external to the Career Development Office.
- Knowledge of legal placement issues generally.
- Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook is required. Knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint is preferred.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; 9 AM- 5 PM (One late day until 6:30 about once/month); Hybrid; One remote day/week as well as summer months remote. This schedule is subject to change.
Zip code: 21201