A full-service print, design, and marketing firm located in the Baltimore metro area is seeking to hire a Full-time Project Manager, Print to join its team. While working as a Project Manager in our print division you will be tasked with consulting customers to determine the scope of jobs, estimating, and preparing work orders for submission to production. The Project Manager provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers as they examine specifications and samples, make recommendations as a trusted advisor, and assist in planning the production process.
This position is full-time onsite in Owings Mills and offers the opportunity for a compressed four-day workweek for candidates who desire one (Four 10-hour days scheduled Monday-Friday).
- Consult with customers directly, as well as personnel in the sales department to discuss specifications, possible solutions and timelines
- Utilize specialized computer software to enter job information and receive an accurate estimate
- Contact vendors to acquire pricing alternatives and coordinate outsource projects by pricing and coordinating with outsourcers
- Format and create a detailed proposal for consideration
- Present estimates/proposals to customers
- Revise estimates as needed due to specific changes in the order
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components
- Coordinate with members of the production team on complex projects
- Prior experience in the printing industry in customer service, estimating, sales or production planning is required.
- Ability to use judgment and critical thinking to analyze estimates is crucial
- Performing this job successfully requires that an individual have a solid understanding of computers, data entry, and interpretation of results obtained
- Must be able to maintain focus when working with various projects
- Able to use a multitude of computer applications to work on estimates both in house and with vendor partners
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the products that we offer
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the production equipment, so as to make estimates more accurate and realistic
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package.
Zip code: 21117
Job ID: #11670PMP