One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Program Management Specialist join its team. The Program Management Specialist is responsible for overseeing and processing most of the department’s customer interactions (phone calls, emails, walk-ins, chat, etc.) to include permit sales, processing appeals, account management, special permits, research of accounts, assist management with special projects, and providing general information regarding citations, appeals, and campus information to include shuttle routes. This role will also be responsible for supervision of clerical and student staff to ensure the timely completion of tasks; and serving as the first point of contact for escalated customer issues.
- Perform citation administration for in-depth research & follow-up, district court appeal and more in-depth appeal processing & adjudication which may require appropriate follow-up with internal/external customers.
- Meet with customers regarding appeals, excessive citations, etc. Incumbent will be responsible for reviewing and adjudicating basic to complex (intermediate) level appeals, serve as primary liaison for district court appeals for processing requests, cancellations, follow-up on appeal status, and adjudications.
- Perform tasks related to customer account management ranging from basic to more complex (intermediate) level, to include account updates for special groups such as non-university affiliates approved by management, special group permit requests processing per management approvals.
- Assisting with the issuance of temporary permits; department visitor codes, online ePermit reservation access codes change and/or cancellation requests.
- Obtain vehicle registration inquiries via state of Maryland METERS requests, etc.
- Handle exception requests, approvals/denials, and follow-up with customers; to include freshmen residents, special vehicle exception requests; special permit exception requests; etc.
- Serve in leadership capacity for front Office– Assign work to section staff and monitor work performance about efficiency and accuracy, monitoring/tracking overall efficiency of assigned tasks, gather, and analyze statistical & performance data including maintaining reports and generating preset reports.
- Responsible for assisting with recruiting, training and performance oversight of administrative assistants and student staff, provide feedback and guidance to section staff; assist management and provide input & suggestions regarding front office performance.
- Monitor, audit and follow up accordingly on department event & charter billing, P-Card processing & customer financial transaction issues to include refunds, billing errors, exchanges, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience.
- Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience, and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794PMS