A world class Physics Laboratory, dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, is seeking an Procurement Specialist.
As a Procurement Specialist:
- Your primary responsibility will be processing credit card orders, purchase requisitions, and subcontract funding actions.
- You will interact with a diverse number of stakeholders such as executives, suppliers, vendors, program managers, technical staff, and financial managers to gather necessary information.
- You will be responsible of reviewing Letters of Justification (LOJ), Statements of Work (SOW), vendor quotes and other necessary documentation to submit requisitions.
- You will track requisitions through the system and report status to Department staff, as well as interface with Laboratory purchasing staff to expedite requests.
- You will document purchase records, perform receiving function on orders, and reconcile credit card invoices on monthly statements.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- High School Diploma and 3+ years of work experience.
- Are highly detail-oriented person with superior organizational skills.
- Effectively work in a fast paced/high volume environment.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work on complex and multiple tasks independently with little supervision. Must have attention to detail.
- Have the ability to prioritize tasks, adjust quickly to changing priorities and the ability to accommodate time critical tasking.
- Are consistently demonstrating independent judgment, interacting and communicating effectively with program and line managers and external vendors.
- Possess good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and strong work ethic.
- Are proficient in the MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Are flexible and anticipate to administrative needs.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package