The world’s premier institution dedicated to improving the lives of children and young adults with care and research focused on pediatric developmental disabilities and disorders of the brain, spinal cord and musculoskeletal system is seeking a Patient Services Specialist to accurately complete patient registration, check-in, and check-out. The incumbent is responsible for diversified administrative duties and front-end clinical operations activities which will include greeting patients and families; collecting patient information; and completing cashiering functions. This position will interact with patients, families, clinicians, and administrative staff in a courteous and professional manner with an emphasis on adhering to high standards of customer service.
- Greet clients and visitors, and alert clinical staff of client’s arrival.
- Accurately complete the patient registration/check-in and check-out process by obtaining required client information such as new and/or updates to expired consents and financial documentation.
- Perform regular audits and monitor existing documentation and clinic daily appointment report (DAR).
- Promptly answer phones, appropriately direct calls, take and deliver accurate messages, return calls, answer questions, and provide accurate and timely follow-up as needed. Provide incoming callers with directions and Care Center information regarding scheduled appointments when appropriate.
- Accurately schedule follow-up appointments
- Obtain security personnel and Professional Crisis Management (PCM) team in times of crisis for client safety as needed.
- Collect co-pays, provide receipts, and provide timely accounting for all collected cash and payments. Identify discrepancies and immediately work with the supervisor to resolve issues.
- Access the scheduling system as necessary to assist and redirect new and returning patients and families to the appropriate area, department, clinic, or provider.
- Maintain a general and updated understanding of insurance requirements as they relate to the Care Center.
- Respond to patient families, providers, and other staff in a timely and professional manner based on the established department policies and procedures. Seek supervisory assistance when working to resolve outstanding issues, as necessary.
- Regularly monitor and update patient information for various EPIC Work Ques.
- Collects, tracks, and processes quality improvement and patient tracking data as needed.
- Assist with the training of and provide regular support to Care Center and administrative staff.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in human services related field, healthcare administration, business, or specialized vocational training preferred.
- 0-2 years of related experience required.
- Previous front desk, secretarial, clerical, or customer service experience preferred.
We require full COVID vaccination or documentation of medical and/or religious exemption(s) approval for this job as we are a healthcare institution committed to putting health and safety first for our patients, students, employees, and the communities we serve.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21205
Job ID: #66851PSS