A network of intensive outpatient (IOP) addiction treatment centers in Maryland, Pennsylvania, northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, is seeking to hire a Full-time Patient Access Specialists to join its team in a hybrid capacity, at their sites in Baltimore, Towson, or Columbia. The Patient Access Specialist is the supportive force driving our day-to-day operations. The ideal professional for the role is a resourceful self-starter, flexible problem solver with superb communication skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- The Patient Access Specialist creates a welcoming environment by providing a friendly greeting to all patients and guests. Registers patients according to established protocols via company’s EMR, and creates new patient charts in a timely manner. Orients all new patients ensuring all required forms are sent and completed.
- Collects relevant patient information and maintains HIPAA compliance.
- Maintain the accuracy of patient scheduling, registration, financial counseling, medical record request, data entry, and chart reviews.
- Prepare requisitions for urine and blood drug screens.
- Call in prescriptions as directed by medical staff. Ensure patient demographic and billing information is accurate.
- Manages co-pay and self-pay amounts for patient services, including collecting payments, documenting amounts received, and alerting patients to outstanding balances in accordance with the company established protocols.
- Manages a multi-line phone system providing program information, screening and directing callers to appropriate staff members.
- Follows systems and procedures by adhering to operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms control, and budgetary requirements.
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and managing reporting procedures.
- Fosters an environment that strives for operational excellence that exceeds CARF accreditation standards.
- Three plus years’ experience in a medical office setting, hospital or similar patient customer service environment.
- Requires a working knowledge of medical insurance plans, billing, regulations.
- Must have a strong knowledge of and advanced experience with Microsoft Office products with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, professional telephone manner, interviewing and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, members of the health care team and external agencies.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Monday-Friday, 12:30 AM- 8:30 PM; Hybrid position
Zip code: Various locations