A family law practice in Pikesville is seeking a Paralegal.
We are looking for someone with the experience necessary to hit the ground running. Our caseload is primarily family law, and we will need someone with vast experience in this practice area. In addition, the Paralegal will maintain the following skills:
- Paralegal experience preferred. FAMILY LAW A PLUS! Paralegal certificate or Associate’s Degree in Paralegal Studies a plus;
- Great “people skills.” Must enjoy and excel at significant client interaction while communicating directly to high-end clients providing updates and gathering information as requested;
- Experience, talent and true interest in reviewing sophisticated financial documents;
- Must be intimately familiar with reviewing tasks in MyCase; Sasi Calc, MS Word, Excel and WordPerfect (preferred but not required); Docket (Scheduling) tasks; Know what to do when calendaring conflicts occur;
- Help attorney prepare cases for hearings and mediations; Prepare trial and mediation notebooks; Draft proposed orders, settlement agreements, and parenting plans; Draft motions; Prepare discovery requests and responses to discovery demands; Prepare discovery dispute letters;
- Must be able to exercise excellent decision-making skills and capabilities; Must be detail-oriented, patient, able to multitask, and must be self-motivated; Be able to spot and verbalize solutions to variations like discovery deficiencies in an alimony case;
- Must be vastly knowledgeable in legal drafting and processes; Must be diligent in moving cases forward; Fill out legal forms; Draft letters and court pleadings; Draft documents by customizing standard forms; Write reports and legal documents, both routine and high-level;
- Perform thorough legal research related to laws and judicial decisions, about current as well as past cases;
- Willing and capable to act as a team member for main phone intake; and,
- Other tasks as assigned from time-to-time
Schedule: Part time/full time
Application Instructions: Forward the following to MF:
Resume, with experience + Salary History; Professional References (if possible to provide); Cover letter explaining: (1) Why you believe you are a “good fit” for this amazing opportunity, (2) What times you are available to have an initial phone interview.