A world class Physics Laboratory, dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, is seeking an Operations Coordinator.
As an Operations Coordinator…
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide operational, management, and administrative support across all areas of Program execution.
- You will work in conjunction with the Program Manager (PM) to identify operational priorities (Schedule, Risk, Quality, Communications, etc.) and develop approaches to ensure priorities are addressed. Monitor milestones and ensure on-time delivery of contract deliverables. Aid in the development of standard operating procedures (SOP) to ensure project deadlines are met and sponsor requirements satisfied. Analyze and detect potential deviations in project plans based on the latest information available.
- You will prepare and organize information for internal and external program and project reviews, including content and editorial review of technical materials prepared by technical staff. Plan, coordinate, and support meetings and conferences/seminars for both internal and external participants and sponsors. Interface with sponsors and their representatives to collect presentation information, ensure clearances are prepared, coordinate scheduling, reservations, and all other logistics, and attend meetings to prepare summary and note action items.
- You will work with other JHU/APL organizations (security, quality, communications, contracts, etc.) to coordinate various levels of support and ensure successful execution.
- You will help to establish and manage the proposal development timeline in conjunction with the Financial Manager. Coordinate technical inputs and applicable technical reviews. Responsible for the overall quality of the final submission.
- You will partner effectively with the Financial Manager (FM) to foster a highly communicative and collaborative business operations team. Support the FM in monitoring the financial status of the program if required.
- You will develop an understanding of the technical work being performed by the program and be able to adequately convey the methodology, impact, and importance to others. Assist in the development of the Statement of Work (SOW) and ensure adherence to the SOW through coordination with the PM and technical teams.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Possess a BS Degree in a business-related field. Four years of relevant experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Have at least two years of professional-level experience with successful performance in progressively increasing program administrative support or technical support positions
- Are skilled in MS Office to include MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Are willing and able to work on dynamic projects, have the ability to prioritize numerous concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment, and work occasional extended hours or travel as needed.
- Hold a Top Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Are willing and able to work onsite at our APL facilities.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package