A specialty food distribution company to the hospitality industry, is seeking a Non-CDL Delivery Driver.
We are looking for a non-CDL delivery driver with excellent customer service skills to deliver our delicious products to our customers in an 18’-26’ freezer box truck. As a member of our fleet, you will:
- Load up your truck each morning, verifying you have all the products you need for that day’s deliveries.
- Deliver product according to your assigned route, making sure you meet any required delivery time windows.
- Verify the delivery of each order with the customer, and place the product wherever the customer wants it (e.g. freezer, counter).
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
- Pickup, load, and unload damaged goods and customer returns.
- Conduct inspections of your vehicle prior to departure each day.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the route dispatcher.
What You Have
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class C Driver License with a clean driving record
- Must be able to test and obtain a DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate Card
- Pass pre-employment testing (DOT-regulated drug screen, background check, motor vehicle report)
- Strong customer service skills and a positive and professional attitude
- Previous experience delivering in the food-service industry
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 100 pounds.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and handcart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from truck.
- Must be able to climb on and off the truck, and up and down stairs.
- At times, transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to talk and hear, both in person and on the phone.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close an
Pay: Daily compensation starting at $135.00
Schedule: Full time