A nonprofit that generates economic benefits for the region by marketing Baltimore as an engaging cultural destination for visitors, an ideal destination for meetings and conventions, and as an advocate for the local tourism community that generates economic benefits for the region by, is seeking a National Sales Manager to join its team. The National Sales Manager assists clients in the successful production of their meeting by working as the primary sales & services contact during the process of booking and meetings of 10-149 rooms in some territories and 150-1,199 rooms in additional territories. Provides assistance and quality service to meeting professionals from the sourcing and planning stages to the completion of their meeting.
- Accomplishes annual room night goal and lead room night goal.
- Responsible for handling meetings inquiries by contacting the meeting planner to gather all details to send the lead to the appropriate hotel members to expedite an efficient response to the meeting planner.
- Handles solicitation of all assigned sales accounts within geographic territory and new business development accounts. Completes all core sales functions including solicitation of new business, distributing sales leads, and closing business for hotels and/or convention center related business.
- Acts as a liaison between partner properties and the client.
- Develops action plans which are target specific, thorough, and quantifiable.
- Conducts and manages all client requested site inspections, FAM Trips and direct sales initiatives.
- Maintains and updates all assigned account and new account information including profiles and lead generation information in accordance with our sales guidelines utilizing our CRM tool, Simpleview.
- Responsible for collecting all group actualized numbers to include final attendance numbers and final room block pick up reports from the individual hotels utilized by the group.
- Attends trade shows, industry meetings, and other meetings as required both local and out of town and representing Baltimore in any community functions and networking opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains excellent relationships with organizations in the community, our partners, as well as other city stakeholders to increase Baltimore’s share in convention sales. Works collaboratively with all parties internally at Company, as well as with the community to ensure a great customer and attendee experience.
- As part of the customer experience platform, offers and provides clients with pre-convention promotional materials (pamphlets, stickers, photos, videos, and information kits) to encourage attendance at the meeting/convention. Offers and provides meeting planners with on-site material so that attendees have concise information during their stay in Baltimore.
- Works closely with other department managers in the organization to ensure communication and coordination of efforts and makes contributions as a member of the sales and customer experience team to further the goals of the entire organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Associates degree or higher, with 2+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry with emphasis on convention sales and services. Hotel or DMO experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with the formal bid process, proven sales skills as they relate to sourcing new business, qualifying customers, lead development and follow-up, sales presentations, and networking skills.
- Familiarity with the meetings industry and experience using assessments, rate negotiations, rebates, and other negotiation tools.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be highly motivated and detail oriented.
- Able to cultivate positive and effective working relationships with team members, stakeholders, and partners.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and travel out of town to trade shows, meetings, etc. required.
- Dependability and professionalism are a must.
Benefits: Benefit Package included.
Zip code: 21201
Job ID: #11640NSM