A local pest control company is seeking a Mosquito Control Field Technician.
If you’re an organized, motivated, self-starter looking for a position that will offer you professional growth in a range of areas, this could be the ideal job for you.
Job Description: Field technicians provide outdoor pest control services to customer’s yards.
Benefits for you:
- Enjoy a paid training program which will allow you to learn from veteran professionals.
- Pay $20.00 per hour
- Bonus programs
- Weekends off
- Personal training and development coaching
- Management that will do everything it can to help you succeed, grow, and advance
- Very friendly, healthy, family-like company culture
- Receive a company service vehicle for business use
- Flexible, independent, work environment
- Access to the best resources, tools, and technology
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Strong observational skills
- Think creatively and problem-solve
- A solid work ethic
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have a desire to exceed customer expectations
- Possess a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Have a driver’s license and good driving record
- Visually inspect and treat for mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and other outdoor pests
- Communicate to the customer the service expectations, procedures and make recommendations for reducing mosquito activity.
- Maintain chemical and operational records in accordance with state requirements • Keep a clean and well-organized service vehicle
- Handle pesticides in accordance with state and federal regulations
- No formal education required. The company will provide training and assist with obtaining the required certifications
- Read, write, and speak English proficiently
- Able to pass a drug screening. (Substances Screened for: Amphetamines; Barbiturates; Benzodiazepines; Cocaine; Methadone; Methaqualone; Opiates; Phencyclidine; Propoxyphene)
- Satisfactory background check
- This is typically a full-time position Monday to Friday (8:30 AM – 5:30 PM). Hours will depend on the season and may changes as operational needs dictate
- This position requires the employee to work outdoors and handle pesticides during the warm summer months. The employee will also be required to use and carry a 30-pound backpack while wearing, personal protective equipment, long sleeves, and pants. Labor intensive!
Schedule: Season starts in May and runs through October.
Prime months are August and September