A Real estate lending company located in Pikesville is seeking a Full-time Mortgage Originator to join its team.
- Meets loan production targets
- Performs business development tasks, including managing the pipeline by generating leads and referral business, and maintaining relationships with existing and past clients
- Obtains relevant information and evaluates applicants’ financial status to determine recommendation for loan approval
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with a variety of people, including colleagues, borrowers, and prospective borrowers
- Performs other related work and duties as assigned
- Intrinsically motivated/innate desire to succeed
- Ability to learn new software quickly / tech savvy
- Strong quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; genuine/authentic/warm/engaging; perceived by borrowers and prospective borrowers as desiring to help them reach their financial goals
- Excellent customer service skills (accessible, responsive, transparent)
- Time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to assume responsibility, display initiative, exercise good judgement and make and act upon decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to take responsibility for own learning and development by acquiring and refining of technical and professional skills needed in job related areas
- Ability to proactively seek performance feedback and identify approaches to improve own performance
- Ability to make self available for work on a consistent and timely basis with infrequent unplanned absences; ability to ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Ability to approach work with a creative mindset
Pay: DOE; Base pay and commission.
Benefits: Benefit package included
Schedule: Full-time; Monday-Friday, 9 AM- 5 PM.
Zip code: 21208