A private, non-profit organization with a proven track record of providing behavioral health crisis services to individuals with mental health and substance use disorders, which provides timely and effective behavioral health crisis response services and treatment in the least restrictive environment, is seeking a Full-time Mobile Response Team Dispatcher. The primary goal of the Mobile Response Team Dispatcher is to dispatch Mobile Response Teams from calls that are received through the 988 Regional Call Center with Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard & Carroll County. The dispatcher role is responsible for registering client for open access appointments and monitoring the bed registry.
- Provides company dispatch services through the behavioral health link software.
- Monitoring company status and location
- Receives, screens, and takes appropriate action on all dispatch calls, request for outpatient support, and bed registry request that come in through the 988 regional call center; Determines nature and location of crisis, determines priority, dispatches units as necessary in accordance with established department policies and procedures.
- Enters crisis assistance call information into the computer-aided dispatch; determines location of call; inputs, modifies, confirms, and validates information for the team.
- Provides information, instructions, and assistance to the public.
- Provides detailed call information as needed; maintains status and awareness of unit locations; monitors message traffic and relays information as required.
- Receives and relays information regarding incidents and other activities to appropriate agencies and staff.
- Other duties as requested.
- High School diploma/GED; AND two (1-2) years of administrative support experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- One year of community mental health experience highly desired or lived experienced.
- Some walking, telephonic work, standing, climbing stairs, and sitting required.
- Moderating lifting to 20 pounds.
- Potential exposure to highly emotional and stressful situations.
- Potential exposure to highly charged stressful and emotional situations, potential exposure to aggressive encounters.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefit package.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid; Monday – Friday Full Time (7am-3pm), (3pm-11pm), and (11pm-7am)
Zip code: 21229
Job ID: #65554MRTD