A non-profit organization which offers adult medical day, vocational, educational, day habilitation, and medical, social services, and youth autism services programs is seeking to hire a Full-time Marketing & Communication Manager to be the lead staff person for implementation of the marketing and communications strategic plan. Under supervision of the Vice President of Development, this position will direct and manage all marketing and communications activities.
- Strategic Plan – Direct, develop, and implement an integrated strategic marketing & communications plan to advance company’s brand identity and ensure that the company’s messaging and communications are relevant and consistent with mission and strategic goals of the company. Track the success of marketing efforts in terms of return on investment and progress against goals, and ultimately make suggestions for new strategies based on historical insights.
- Content Development – Develop content and timelines of company’s collateral materials, including participant and volunteer stories, annual reports, newsletters, events, e-newsletters, and direct mail. Support all development activities including special events and donor cultivation activities through developing printed invitations, letters, and quarterly donor updates. Ensure that messaging is consistent across channels and compelling to illicit results against company’s development and strategic plan goals.
- Website Management – Plan and implement timely website updates, including content/presence, postings with a focus on programs and services, participant and volunteer stories that reflect impact of the mission, event and fundraising marketing, giving options, key staff features, media opportunities, and other relevant items that position the organization with increased visibility.
- Social Media – Direct and manage content development for social media channels for company. Be the lead staff person to build company’s presence and following on social media, with the goal of reaching and engaging more people and telling the story of company.
- Brand Identity – Create a consistent brand in order to create greater awareness of company in the community. This includes establishing and maintaining a Brand & Messaging Guide for company, ensuring all communications and marketing activities have a consistent feel & look.
- Grant Writing – Write content for grants as directed, to support program and development needs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and/or provide support for all special events and donor cultivation activities
- Attend program activities and shadow opportunities to learn about the organization and gather participant stories
- Attend external events as appropriate to represent company
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with staff, community members and volunteers
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, and producing newsletters, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications
- Successful writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online communications media
- Demonstrated skills in managing technical set-up for presentations and media
- Demonstrated skills in website management
- Must be an excellent storyteller
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Minimum of five years working in the marketing and/or communications field, preferably for a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Mass Communications or a related field preferred
- Experience in Canvas or a similar product (creating and formatting creative and content) a plus
- Knowledge of program software to support a website and marketing tools required. Understanding of social media required
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21239