A non-profit supporting persons with disabilities in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, is seeking a Full-time Manager, Participant & Community Engagement to join its team. This manager will serve as a critical member of Company’s Community Integration management team, working collaboratively with other managers to ensure high quality services for individuals participating in Day Habilitation and Community Development Services (CDS). This manager will provide direct supervision to Company’s Activities Coordinator, in addition to a group of assigned Direct Support Professionals (DSPs), providing the training and support necessary for them to have successful and enjoyable work experiences. This manager will be responsible for ensuring that OBI has a robust monthly calendar of activities to offer to individuals participating in meaningful day services. In collaboration with the Activities Coordinator, this manager will develop a master facility-based calendar containing a variety of daily offerings in each of the 5 domains (creativity, pre-employment/career, fitness/movement, tranquility/sensory, and life skills) for individuals to choose from. This manager will also develop meaningful activities and partnerships throughout the community to identify and connect with community resources of interest.
- Interview, hire, and train qualified staff to provide quality supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Provide effective and respectful support and direct supervision to assigned staff.
- Serve as a role model for other staff, demonstrating the type of participant interactions and customer service expected by Company.
- Establish a system for monitoring staff duties to ensure completion and accuracy (i.e., daily attendance and progress notes, developing and adhering to monthly activity calendars, following vehicle procedures, etc.).
- Complete timely performance evaluations for employees under direct supervision.
- Effectively manage use of the payroll and client management system software to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
Participant & Community Engagement Duties
- Provide coaching and support to Activities Coordinator to assist them in successfully creating a master monthly calendar of facility-based activities for individuals to choose from as they create their individualized monthly calendars.
- Ensure that a minimum of 5 domains are included in the facility-based activity offerings for each day (creativity, pre-employment/career exploration, fitness/movement, tranquility/sensory, and life skills).
- Research, in conjunction with Activities Coordinator, free and low-cost events and activities throughout the community.
- Maintain up-to-date records indicating all community partners, volunteer opportunities, activity sites, etc.
- Continuously strive to develop new and exciting community relationships resulting in a wide variety of resources and activities that the individuals we support may enjoy.
- Working collaboratively with Workforce Development management team to share leads and track efforts when connecting with local businesses.
- Provide direct care as needed, including transporting individuals using personal vehicle and/or Company’s vehicles.
Management Team Duties
- Serve as an active member of Company’s management team, planning and participating in ongoing training and professional development opportunities, including agency in-service days.
- Professionally represent Company in meetings. trainings and in the broader community.
- Meet regularly with department staff as well as the Coordinators of Person-Centered Services.
- Conduct transportation training and Company vehicle training for employees, as well as personal vehicle inspections as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- At least 2 years of prior supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people including all levels of staff, individuals served and their families, other providers, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail
- High degree of creativity and the ability to work with a high level of autonomy.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct community resource mapping, outreach, and develop effective working relationships.
- Valid Driver’s license, clean driving record and daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft word and excel documents specifically.
- Ability to report to the office and/or community locations five days a week.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit package, including fully paid medical health insurance for employee, matching 403b, and 22 days of PTO to start.
Zip code: 21108
Job ID: #64163MPCE