Retirement Community, offering independent living residences, is seeking a Landscaper/Painter.
Responsible for performing accurate and efficient resident apartment and common area painting and wall coverings and interior and exterior maintenance of painted areas of the campus. Responsible for the overall grounds maintenance of the Campus.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Perform all operations of the Grounds Maintenance including but not limited to cutting, pruning, weeding, and mulching of all lawns, trees, gardens, shrubbery, flower beds, and plants.
2. Maintains irrigation systems.
3. Trash removal.
4. Maintains all parking areas.
5. Perform residential painting/wallcovering and drywall/trim repair as scheduled.
6. Maintain the esthetics of high traffic common areas. (Painting and wallcovering).
7. Restore painted areas in vacated apartments to new-like conditions.
8. Perform drywall repairs as needed.
9. Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor.
10. Assists with snow and ice removal efforts.
11. Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to understand and follow instructions in English and communicate effectively.
2. Ability to implement and initiate necessary plans to ensure proper maintenance of grounds.
3. Must possess a valid Maryland drivers license with a good driving record. Also meet the community’s qualifications to be an approved driver.
4. Prior experience and a good working knowledge of commercial and residential painting/wallcovering, including but not limited to interior painting, drywall repair and trim repair required.
5. Prior landscaping experience with gas tools required.
6. Requires strong attention to detail and safety.
Schedule: 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Zip code: 21208
Job ID: #10125 LP