A nonprofit with a mission is to engage people in the wonders of the living world through personal encounters with animals, fostering empathy and lifelong support for conservation of wildlife and wild places, is seeking to hire an IT Services Technician to join its team. The IT Services Technician is responsible for Tier 1 end user support including but not limited to providing software support, diagnosing failures, communicating remediation plans, and providing status updates. Responsible for developing and implementing user documentation, instructions and SOPs including training and creating documentation libraries.
- Responsible for providing Tier 1 help desk and desktop support to the company community daily users.
- Configures, installs, and supports desktop computers, laptop computers, handheld devices, monitors, portable data storage devices and other general peripherals.
- Diagnoses hardware and software failures, communicates the remediation plans to users and provides status updates.
- Provides software support to users as identified by tasks including basic to advanced operations and general use.
- Develops end user documentation and instructions; creates resource library and develops and delivers training to end users.
- Follow, industry best practices, and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining business applications (POS, Financial, etc.), documentation, and user training.
- Responsible for system and data backups including the periodic testing and review of backup requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all data.
- Responsible for supporting operating processes and procedures.
- Contributes to the tracking and movement of IT assets.
- Responsible for reporting on IT operational performance (e.g., network utilization, password policy compliance, project status).
- Escalates issues as needed to Network Administrator and or Director of Information Technology.
- Performs IT projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the company.
- Effective communicator to ensure end user understanding and effective use of technology.
- Ensure service delivery to company users, ensuring they are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
- Attend meetings and represent the company on various committees as a technical subject matter expert.
- Develop and provide training on best practices for technology use to company end users.
- Communicate and provide coordination with company business partners.
- Technical School in Information Systems or related discipline preferred.
- Microsoft Certification preferred.
- A+ Certification will be considered in lieu of Microsoft Certification.
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing technical support including end user troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to deliver outstanding customer service in a technical support environment.
- Strong familiarity with Google Workspace application in a support environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop technology, business applications and server hardware management.
- Experience with networking technologies, Cisco / Unifi device configuration and management, and troubleshooting, to include VoIP.
- Possession of A+ or other relevant certifications preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of radios, VOIP phones, analog phones, and other related technologies is desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Friendly and outgoing.
- Possess a positive and patient attitude.
- Must be able to remain active for an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to travel large areas of the grounds as needed.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions.
- Must be willing to travel offsite and overnight for required training.
- Ability to work an on -call flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment including computer, telephone, calculator, two-way radio, copier, scanner, fax, golf cart, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and adapt within a changing environment, requiring simultaneous management of multiple projects.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to perform well in a team environment and/or individually.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of individuals from ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Various shifts; Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events.
Zip code: 21217
Job ID: # 10786ITST