A larger nonprofit organization is seeking an Israel Engagement Associate.
The Israel engagement associate will have a deep understanding and love of Israel, live and model a passionately Jewish life, be entrepreneurial and a change agent, possess an extremely high emotional intelligence, and have a great sense of humor. You will work with students prior to their departure, staff the trips in Israel, and engage them upon their return from Israel experiences by developing activities to encourage participants to be involved with Jewish campus life. You will be responsible for ensuring meaningful and diverse opportunities for Jewish expression, identifying and cultivating student leaders, and consistently promoting a welcoming and lively pluralistic Jewish community.
What you’ll do:
- Develop authentic relationships with Jewish students by meeting them where they live, work, and/or study and utilizing creative methods to reach and interest them in Israel travel opportunities
- Work collaboratively with the Hillel staff team and student leaders to develop opportunities for meaningful follow through programming and engagement activities and maintain records of events and attendance for measurement and ongoing evaluation.
- Mentor student interns and volunteer leaders in their Jewish growth through one-on-one meetings and cultivate a Jewish community that is caring, diverse, welcoming, and actively inclusive.
- Develop strategic relationships with students from key campus demographics, utilizing network mapping and coordinated peer-to-peer outreach to maximize the breadth of Birthright Israel participation.
- Build 100+ personal relationships with students marginally affiliated with Jewish life, guiding them toward enriching Jewish communal experiences.
- Recruit 40+ students to participate in Birthright Israel annually.
- Engage Jewish and non-Jewish student leaders interested in travel to Israel and build strategic relationships with various stakeholder and clubs on campus.
- Educate about Israel and related topics and advise a wide range of students and student leaders from a variety of demographics and backgrounds.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Meet one-on-one with students and develop authentic relationships with them.
- Supervise the Birthright Israel Interns to coordinate their recruitment and follow-through efforts.
- Speak at fraternity and sorority chapter meetings about Israel travel opportunities.
- Recruit students for an upcoming Birthright Israel trip or building bridges through tabling and coffee dates.
- Participate as a member of the Hillel staff team in relationship-based engagement, major programs, Shabbat and holiday celebrations, and other immersion experiences as relevant.
What you’ve accomplished:
- Candidates must have an undergraduate degree; prior professional experience is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with young adults and an approachable, dynamic, and engaging personality with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically in order to reach goals.
What you’ll bring to the job:
- Ability to empower others to create their own curated Jewish experiences.
- An entrepreneurial energy to everything you do, thinking strategically, creatively and “BIG.”
- Capacity to figure out what makes people tick and apply that knowledge to help connect them to their passions and interests.
- The capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality and adjusting on the fly.
- A team-oriented approach to work while still being a self-starter, a strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from a variety of situations.
- A passion for Israel and for building pluralistic Jewish communities and creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment.
- Prior travel experience in Israel and facilitating groups preferred.
What you’ll receive:
- Great professional and personal development, mentoring, and skill-building opportunities and a network of terrific colleagues from across the Hillel movement.
- Domestic and international travel opportunities.
Pay: $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Benefit package included.