An outpatient addiction treatment provider in the Mid-Atlantic region serving communities across Maryland, DC, Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, is seeking to hire a Full-time Intensive Outpatient Counselor to join its Baltimore location in a remote capacity, part of its dedicated outpatient treatment team. Candidates must be certified or licensed to provide services in the State of Maryland.
- Provides case management services which support a positive treatment outcome.
- Serves as co-therapist in IOP and Continued Care groups.
- Organizes and makes third hour didactic presentations.
- Develop patient treatment plans based on results from the screening tools and bio psychosocial assessment.
- Collaborates with medical staff and treatment team as a whole.
- Consults with family members and referral sources in order to coordinate patient care.
- Ensures adequate case management services are identified and addressed.
- Responsible for maintaining patient records which include documentation of treatment activity
- and progress.
- Ensures that patient records are accurate, comprehensive and legible.
- Obtain signatures from licensed therapist for documents requiring a second signature.
- Completion of a AA, AS, BA, BS, BSW, MA, MS, MSW degree in Human Services, Counseling or Social Work from an accredited college or university, as well as application to take appropriate certification or licensure exam. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
- Must be certified or licensed in Maryland (LCSW, LGSW, LCPC, LGPC, LCADC, LGADC, CAC, ADT… salary will be based on licensure and experience)
- Understands need for and always maintains appropriate confidentiality when interacting with patients, families, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, families, and referral sources.
- Strong administrative, verbal, and written communication skills.
- If disclosed that the staff member is in recovery from alcohol and drug dependency a minimum of five years continuous sobriety is required.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Remote position; 12:30 pm- 8:30 pm
Zip code: 20866