A nonprofit organization which supports youth and adults with disabilities to experience full inclusion in their communities as they learn, work, and pursue their paths to personal success is seeking a Full-time Marketing & Communications Manager to join its team, who will work closely with the VP of Development to raise awareness and funds to advance the organization’s mission. This position will be responsible for managing its online presence, including social media, website, and newsletter communications. Under the leadership of the VP, this position will handle much of the coordination of its fundraising events as well. As a key member of the development team, the Marketing & Communications Manager will be expected to bring creative and innovative ideas to the department. This position is very flexible, offering a mixture of working from home remotely, in addition to working in the community and our office, as needed. Periodic evening and weekend work may be required, particularly leading up to and during events.
- Manage donor database, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of data entry, as well as prompt expression of gratitude towards all donors.
- Manage social media presence, ensuring fresh, relevant, and engaging content that highlights the impact of our work.
- Reconcile monthly donations with the finance department
- Assist with fundraising events including obtaining donations, event planning and follow-up.
- Author and distribute agency newsletter, including important updates and information, and using strategies to capture reader’s attention.
- Create and disseminate agency communications to various stakeholder groups using constant contact.
- Work closely with VP to research and identify potential grant opportunities and assist with preparation of grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Promote the organization through public relations initiatives.
- Identify, develop, and execute communications strategy for key media contacts and corporate supporters.
- Seek opportunities to nominate OBI and its employees for local, statewide and/or national recognition.
- Create and maintain marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Work with publication vendors for timely ad submissions.
- Design and create ads to help support departmental marketing needs.
- Maintain website design and operation, including updating as needed.
- Coordinate and occasionally represent organization at conferences, chambers of commerce, and other community events.
- Act as a brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects.
- Increase operational efficiency and help set up and improve workflow processes when and where needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years related work experience
- Confident communicator and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading and layout/design skills are essential
- Effective project, time, and organizational management skills
- Flexibility with changes in task and priorities
- Able to multitask and manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Wide degree of creativity and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in social media and digital media
- Self-motivated, self-starter, and team player with a positive and professional approach to management
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, Adobe, Canva and WordPress or similar platforms.
- Experience with a donor and/or sales management system and documenting appropriate contact and follow up.
- Able to represent the organization in a professional manner
- Passion for OBI’s mission and making a difference
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit package, including fully paid medical health insurance for employee, matching 403b, and 22 days of PTO to start).
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid position
Zip code: 21108
Job ID: #64163MCM