A small HubZone certified business with offices in Maryland and Florida, which specializes in unexploded ordnance (UXO), military munitions response, and counter improvised explosive devices (IEDs) to include conducting specialized research, technology development, test, and evaluation, performing Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) actions, is seeking to hire a Part-time HR Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR and office administrative duties. You will facilitate daily HR functions like keeping track of employees’ records and supporting the interview process. Your role involves performing tasks with a focus to grow our company’s talent pipeline and improve our sourcing tactics. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. He/She will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR projects and operations. To succeed in this role, you should be familiar using HR software and tools. Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department and the organization.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing books.
- Experience and working knowledge of Government / DoD cost accounting standards.
- Experience with QuickBooks (Desktop and On-Line)
- Experience working with states on a variety of accounting and regulatory issues (e.g., withholding, unemployment insurance)
- Experience managing unemployment claims.
- Working knowledge of employee on-boarding and monitor online timekeeping system.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and aid.
- Redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate person of the team.
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met.
- Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc.)
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts etc.
- Assist supervisors in performance management procedures.
- Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events etc. and maintain the team’s agenda.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars
- Perform orientations, onboarding, and update records with new hires.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employees’ feedback.
- Support other functions as assigned.
- Proven experience as an HR coordinator or relevant human resources/administrative position
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Experience writing offer letters.
- Experience working with the Google Drive
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Associate degree
Schedule: Part-time; At least 20 hours/week; Remote
Zip Code: Remote
Job ID: #16381HRC