An urban agriculture greenhouse in Sparrows Point, MD, is currently seeking passionate, driven, and hardworking individuals to fill a positions as a Full-time Greenhouse Assistants. These positions are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs. Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
- Assisting in the harvesting and packing of leafy vegetables and herbs
- Inspecting produce, arranging leaves, and preparing produce, for boxing, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Cleaning and Sanitation of Packhouse, Greenhouse, and Channel Washing
- Assisting in loading products onto U-boats/pallets and loading them onto our trucks
- Assisting in in the loading and unloading of Greenhouse and Packhouse supplies and materials
- Handle leaves , look for bugs, and proper cleaning & sanitation methods
- Ensure proper hand washing and use of gloves, aprons, and hair nets
- Ensure PH Packers maintain clean clothes, personal hygiene and good health (e.g. no coughing, etc.)
- Packers adherence to the Packhouse dress code and packing regulations, (e.g. no earphones, no hoods, footwear specifications, no food, drinks, etc.)
- Ensure clean work areas, bins, trays, scales, tables; No mobile phones or food on packing tables
- Ensure that soiled or dropped leaves are not packed
- Ensure coolers are clean and temperatures are stable
- Inspect and weigh produce; discard leaves as necessary; ensure no bugs, damaged leaves, tip burned leaves or leaved dropped on floor enter package
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift
- Must be comfortable working in summer heat conditions and air-conditioned rooms
- Must be able to work at a steady pace and must be detailed oriented
- Must have a reliable form of transportation, train, bus, car, Etc.
- Open availability to work various work schedules including weekends if needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Greenhouse experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-Time; Open availability to work various schedules including nights, holidays, and weekends.
Zip code: 21219