An outpatient addiction treatment provider in the Mid-Atlantic region serving communities across Maryland, DC, Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania, is seeking to hire a Full-time Financial Counselor to join its Burtonsville location in a hybrid capacity, as it is expanding its Revenue Cycle Management Team. The Financial Counselor is responsible for promptly assisting patients with their financial clearance prior to, during, or after their treatment period.
- This position is responsible for obtaining and updating insurance, financial, and demographic information.
- Within this position effectively captures patient liabilities while providing financial counseling to patients/guarantors, who require assistance in seeking and applying for healthcare funding (e.g., Charity Care, or other local/governmental assistance programs).
- Determines the financial status of the patient during the financial counseling process and coordinates benefit authorization and management.
- Ensures compliance and exceptional customer service when working with patients/guarantors.
- Courteously and professionally helps patients and/or their families understand and assist with options to cover their financial obligations including but not limited to: co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance.
- Responsible for establishing payment plans and collecting true self-pay balances as necessary.
- Responsible for assisting patients with ad-hoc financial issues as needed prior to, during and following their treatment.
- This role requires adherence to quality assurance guidelines as well as established productivity standards to support workflows within the organization.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years’ experience in hospital or clinic environment, an insurance company, managed care organization or other financial service setting, performing financial counseling, financial clearance and/or customer service activities.
- Must have top notch customer service skills.
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail and able to work in a fast paced environment.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid position
Zip code: 20866