One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Financial Aid Advisor to assist the Financial Aid Department in the delivery of Financial Aid Services to students and their parents by facilitating the management and disbursement of funds.
Process financial aid for 15-20% of aid recipients. This includes but is not limited to:
- Award applicants with federal, state, and institutional awards in accordance with student eligibility and institutional policy.
- Review federal income tax returns/transcripts to resolve student information discrepancies, and review financial aid documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with federal, state, and institutional laws, regulations, and policies.
- Determine eligibility for Graduate and Parent PLUS loans.
- Identify, determine, and approve special circumstances warranting professional judgment modifications.
- Review enrollment after add/drop period to determine student aid eligibility.
- Review and process student aid adjustment requests such as part-time adjustments, additional loan requests, housing status changes, etc.
- Review reports to ensure compliance with federal regulations such as over awards, Pell LEU issues, loan limit issues, CFLAGS, etc.
- Process summer financial aid requests.
- Award financial aid to study abroad students based on revised cost of attendance information and determine eligibility for alternative loans.
Maintain current knowledge of federal/state regulations and institutional policy. Assist advising team with creating and improving office process and policies. Includes but is not limited to:
- Attend financial aid workshops, training sessions, and conferences.
- Assist with development and maintenance of financial aid policy and procedures manual.
- Coordinate with other offices on campus such as Student Billing, Registrar, Admissions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Director or Associate Director of Financial Aid.
- Assist financial aid call center as an on-call advisor; meet with parents and students to discuss questions, concerns, or problems with financial aid.
- Correspond with students and parents by phone, email, and chat.
Participate in financial aid outreach such as:
- Admissions Open Houses and recruitment events
- High school financial aid nights
- Freshman/Transfer orientations.
- Admitted Students Day
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent customer service, communication, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- One year of financial aid experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Image Now.
The safety of our students, faculty, staff, and neighbors has been our top priority and the focus of every one of our decisions since the earliest days of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, the University System of Maryland (USM) has strongly encouraged full COVID vaccination and up-to-date booster shots (when eligible) for all faculty, staff, and students at all schools in the USM as both a reasonable and necessary means of protecting our health and safety.
Pay: Targeted hiring range is $50,000-$55,000/year
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794FAA