A large nonprofit which works to enhance Jewish life and addresses charitable, educational, religious, humanitarian, health, cultural and social service needs of the Jewish community locally, nationally, in Israel and throughout the world is seeking a Full-time Finance Manager to join its Finance team. The Finance Manager will play a key role in supporting the accounting functions for one or more Baltimore-based charities.
NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within system as of November 15, 2021.
- Performing operational accounting functions to maintain accurate general ledgers.
- Assisting in preparing timely and relevant financial reports on a regular basis, including preparing and reviewing different schedules and sub-ledgers.
- Preparing comparison reports between actual revenue/expenses and budgeted categories.
- Preparing schedules, reports, and back-up materials for the audits.
- Assisting audit firm staff in preparing IRS 990 for agencies as needed, including preparation of supporting schedules and working with agency staff to complete all questions on the IRS 990.
- Assisting in agency and program budget preparation; prepare reports as requested.
- Analyzing and presenting financial reports to senior management, Board of Directors, and lay leadership.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in full cycle accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent combination of education and practical work experience (minimum of three years). CPA preferred but not required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data.
- Must be able to work independently and be a team player.
- Exceptional oral communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Strong customer service skills
Pay: DOE; $70,000-80,000/year
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid position
Zip code: 21201