One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Executive Administrative Assistant I to provide direct support for the Associate Provost for Research and Dean of Graduate Studies (APR&D) in the Office of Research. The Executive Administrative Assistant will focus on the administration for the Office of Research and Graduate Studies, overseeing organizational systems, supervising the flow of documents through the APR&D’s Office, assisting in scheduling and coordination of the APR&D’s calendar, providing information on policies and procedures for the office, and contributing in varied ways to the effective operation of the office and in support of other staff.
Telework may be available for this position up to two days per week following the completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
- Oversee organizational systems, process forms and communication from staff, faculty, chairs, departments, and other units within the university, receive and respond to inquiries in a timely fashion, track APR&D searches and hiring.
- Track APR&D budget, develop proficiency in relevant software to monitor and trace budget activity on behalf of the office, create and maintain records of approved expenditures. Monitor and manage supplies for APR&D’s Office. Assist in teaching administrative assistants in other units reporting to APR&D the processes for budget, accounts payable, and other duties as needed.
- Manage the APR&D’s calendar in making appointments, scheduling meetings, etc., conferring with APR&D as needed in scheduling. Primary contact for faculty, staff and students seeking appointments with the APR&D. Positive public interaction with students, faculty, alumni, the public in person, by phone, or electronic communication.
- Assist with scheduling for all office-wide meetings, which would include the Office of Sponsored Projects and Research, Office of Graduate Studies, and others reporting to the APR&D.
- Monitor and process expenditures, disbursements, and research funding from Office of Research accounts. Maintain complete list on shared drive and be familiar with forms and processes associated with awards, stipend, purchases, and foundation account purposes.
- Provide leadership of administrative assistants in the APR&D’s Office to ensure common understandings, appropriate training, and response to needs, and the effective sharing of information, including organizing monthly meetings of the group if needed. Work with APR&D, and other staff to create a positive work environment for all and to provide cooperative support for the Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
- Serve as the person in charge of submitting research calendar events to the university, reservation of rooms, social media, and other event related services along with general upkeep of the office.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of experience providing administrative support to senior personnel.
- Relatively high levels of reading, writing, and speaking ability.
- Comfortable with numbers in budgetary contexts.
- Familiarity with software programs (including MS Office) and willingness to continue learning.
- Strong sense of professional behavior and effective techniques for dealing with email, phone callers and direct contact with faculty, staff, students, and others who may interact with the Dean’s Office.
- Very strong organizational abilities combined with flexibility.
- Very high levels of reliability and commitment to position.
- Willingness to continuously learn new software and office processes.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience, and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid schedule upon completion of 90 days of service in good standing.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Zip code: 21252
Job ID: #10794EAA1