A nonprofit with a mission is to engage people in the wonders of the living world through personal encounters with animals, fostering empathy and lifelong support for conservation of wildlife and wild places, is seeking to hire a Full-time Events & Fundraising Coordinator to join its team. The Events & Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and executing special events, and for the administration of gift acknowledgement for the Development Department. The coordinator will directly support fundraising responsibilities at including the Spring and Fall appeal campaigns, specialized fundraisers, and more.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and implementing special events.
- Reimagine, develop, and implement the license plate program.
- Responsible for management and engagement of the recurring donor program
- Responsible for maintaining the Zoo’s LinkedIn page by writing and posting content designed to engage our target audience and generate revenue..
- Responsible for review of department web pages monthly.
- Responsible for organizing donor and corporate member data into weekly reports, to be submitted at the direction of the Sr. Dir. Business Development.
- Track sponsorship deliverables and prepare ROI packages.
- Participate in the scheduling and logistical planning for donor and sponsor events.
- Schedule current and prospective donor and sponsor meetings and assist in subsequent follow up.
- Responsible for compiling agenda for weekly department meetings.
- Responsible for the Zoo’s Bench Program
- Responsible for detail, accuracy, and management of donor/sponsor information, including pledges, invoices, agreements, follow up and more.
- Provide superior customer service to event guests by answering questions, anticipating needs, escalating issues when appropriate, and meeting and/or exceeding guest expectations.
- Respond to event-related inquiries, assist guests with scheduling tickets, send out confirmation emails, and reschedule tickets as needed.
- Perform event setup and breakdown, assist with onsite oversight and execution on event days, including guest check-in, directional support, volunteer deployment, merchandise sales, beverage pouring, etc.
- Communicate with outside contractors regarding event set up details, mail confirmation packages, confirm, and coordinate the arrival of vendors and sponsors for events. Monitor set up and ensure their needs are met throughout the event.
- Use sound judgment and report incidents to management or security, as needed.
- Provide administrative support to achieve department revenue goals.
- Responsible for digitizing and organizing past and current department files, data entry for vendor and sponsor information, and for CRM data entry and database cleanup.
- Support donor management activities by formatting and mailing donor acknowledgements and receipts, assist with corporate member ticketing reservations and monitor usage through CRM reports; and cultivate relationships with potential and current donors.
- Assist in growing the corporate membership program by cultivating leads and partnerships.
- Assist in supporting overall goals of the Development team, including prospecting, drafting proposals, corresponding with donors, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Facilitate and support events for other Zoo departments, including education and animal.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to create necessary event collateral such as posters, banners, and handbills, for internal and external promotion of the Zoo’s events.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of event supplies, prizes, and giveaways.
- Assist with Ravens event days and sales on Ravens walk.
- Assist other departments as needed for cross utilization of skills and manpower.
- Responsible for meeting with departments and coordinating their efforts in relationship to development activities.
- Manage and update event pages on website.
- Communicate with various Zoo managers on event days to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Responsible for Altru data input, data ownership, and accuracy.
- Required to maintain confidentiality of all collected personal and financial information.
- Collaborate with Volunteer department to assign volunteer roles for special events.
- Responsible for entering payments using POS system, handling cash, and maintaining inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one-year direct experience working on large-scale events including sponsor fulfillment required.
- Minimum of two years of customer service experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word required.
- Willingness to obtain and maintain TIPS certification required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Experience coordinating paid and volunteer staff.
- Friendly and outgoing
- Possess a positive and patient attitude
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Able to multitask and juggle multiple projects
- Must be able to stand and remain active for an eight-hour workday, and ten-to-twelve-hour special event days.
- Must be able to walk large areas of the Zoo as needed.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including computer, telephone, two-way radio, scanner, copier, fax, golf cart, and vehicles.
- Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of ethnic, cultural, and economic backgrounds.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Self-directed, collaborative and detail oriented.
Benefits: Benefit package included.
Schedule: Full-time; Various shifts; Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events.
Zip code: 21217
Job ID: # 10786EFC