A large Jewish nonprofit which works to enhance Jewish life and addresses charitable, educational, religious, humanitarian, health, cultural and social service needs of the Jewish community locally, nationally, in Israel and throughout the world is seeking an Endowment Development Manager to join its team. The Endowment Development Manager will work collaboratively with the Planned Giving Team to cultivate and solicit endowment gifts for nonprofit and participating agencies and partners, including communications with and recognition of legacy donors, and prospects for LIFE & LEGACY* PLUS. In addition, this position will coordinate professional and lay training in endowment development, and communicate its benefits to affiliated agencies, donors, and prospects coordinating with marketing campaigns. The Endowment Development Manager will monitor development goals and progress, in conjunction with Supervisor, to guide development efforts and related communications to Boards, Affiliates, donors, professional advisors and prospects.
Development and LIFE & LEGACY:
- Serves as primary staff liaison and coach to all LIFE & LEGACY PLUS partner organizations. Responsibilities include monthly phone meetings and site visits, training sessions, tracking team progress, providing marketing materials, attending, and participating in events (as needed) and planning annual community Legacy event. Additionally, offers guidance on solicitations, agency board meeting presentations and legacy team meetings.
- Coordinates solicitation efforts through a systematic process of prospect identification, qualification, and strategy development in collaboration with the Supervisor.
- Works with staff, Board, and other lay leaders to ensure and integrate the development goals by facilitating development efforts including planning, organizing, and executing partner Legacy Action Plans.
- Works with supervisor to manage pending items and determine/manage priority, pursuing new strategic growth opportunities and expanding planned giving programs as appropriate.
- Ensures that effective stewardship and recognition programs are planned (e.g., Book of Life and Lion of Judah Endowment) and executed.
- Promotes gift planning concepts to help cultivate new legacy gifts with multiple generations of donors.
- Establishes or adjusts development goals/campaigns for specific affiliates/programs and document through CRM database prospect opportunities and activities to attain these goals.
- Works collaboratively with marketing department to effectively organize and coordinate preparation of promotional literature (print, web, e-newsletters, etc.) in line with LIFE & LEGACY PLUS, Annual Campaign Endowment and Lion of Judah Endowment.
- Collaborates with Donor Center in endowment development tasks involving communication with affiliates, updating database information and donor relations/services.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing endowment development-related publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least three (3) years’ nonprofit fundraising experience or equivalent in one or more of the following areas: development, marketing, financial planning, community relations, and/or planned giving.
PLEASE NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within the system as of November 15, 2021.
Pay: Salary range is $65,000-$72,000 and is commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid
Benefits: Benefit Package included.
Zip code: 21201
Job ID: # 10305EDM