One of the nation’s top 100 public universities, located north of Baltimore, is seeking a Full-time Economist for its Regional Economic Studies Institute (RESI). This position will be a member of the technical team and will work closely with data and research staff to assist in leading research projects.
- Will be able to identify the data sources needed to complete economic impact analyses independently and will have experience organizing and analyzing large datasets without supervision
- Will have advanced knowledge of the nuances of federal, state, and local datasets and, as needed, will be able to organize and analyze the data using statistical software packages
- Will lead in the development of economic forecasts, economic commentary, and data analysis as we as provide input in the production of state and county level forecasts of various economic indicators
- Will have the existing knowledge to perform data impact analyses using input/output models and other statistical software tools (such as STATA or SPSS) as well as the ability to handle more advanced modeling through Python or R
- Have a willingness to learn and use more advanced models and software tools such as REMI
- Will play a key role in developing comprehensive research plans for each new project and guide research staff in achieving the stated research objectives.
- Manage Research Associates (I and II) and student interns in research projects as needed and assist the senior staff in designing the appropriate research methodology for projects.
- Will have experience writing professional research reports to a non-technical audience as well as editing and formatting in Chicago Style
- Master’s degree in economics, mathematics, social sciences or related fields
- Two years of relevant experience
- Experience with input/output models and other statistical software tools (such as STRAT or SPSS) as well as the ability to handle more advanced modeling through Python or R
- REMI experience, or willingness to learn REMI is desired
- Familiarity with federal, state and local data sources and ability to communicate research, programming and business effectively across audiences
Pay: Competitive Salary
Schedule: Full-time; Remote position; At least 30 hours/week.
Benefits: Contractual employees scheduled to work 30 or more hours per week may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage.
Zip code: 21252