A non-profit supporting persons with disabilities in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, is seeking a Full-time Director of Workplace Development to be responsible for overseeing Company’s workforce development services (primarily funded by the DDA and DORS) to ensure high quality services and outcomes as well as compliance with all reporting requirements. This Director will also be responsible for leading the implementation of Company’s business development efforts as a vendor in Maryland’s Employment Works Program (EWP). The Director will also work closely with the CEO and VP of Strategy & Quality Enhancement to explore and pursue service expansion, with particular emphasis on services for youth with disabilities, developing training programs leading to certification/credentials, and developing viable lines of business that can generate revenue for Company and create jobs for people with and without disabilities. The Director will be a member of Company’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Develop Company’s customized training program(s) and start-up business concept so we can begin bidding on relevant contracts through the State’s EWP procurement process.
- Establish Company as a valuable partner to local businesses; develop relationships with the mindset that every business can somehow become a partner (hiring individuals we support, hosting an intern, being a guest speaker, welcoming a work-site tour, etc.)
- Strategically identify new business opportunities and partnerships for Workforce Development opportunities.
- Cultivate a strong network and foster relationships with key industry players to develop strong relationships in the community (DOL, AAWDC, DORS, AACPS, DDA, etc.).
- Regularly attend networking events, business association meetings and industry events to stay relevant and develop new business contacts for company.
- Network, communicate, attend, and actively participate in external meetings to establish/expand a network of peers and collaborative relationships with other organizations.
- Work closely with the VP, Strategy and Quality Assurance to ensure that all business strategies align with Company’s overall strategic plan for growth.
Workforce Development/Employment Services
- Lead Company’s workforce development department to provide high quality employment services (job development, placement, and ongoing support/coaching) that result in individuals with disabilities working in competitive, integrated employment that matches their interests and abilities.
- Interview, hire, train and directly supervise the Manager of Workforce Development, and business development team.
- Track and complete the timely evaluations of all staff supervised, and assist manager as needed to ensure the timely completion of evaluations for all department staff.
- Assist with the developing and coordinating of training for all workforce development staff, ensuring that all mandated training requirements are met.
- Hold regular team meetings and provide ongoing professional development opportunities to continuously expand staff’s skillset and ability to grow.
- Coordinate the marketing, recruitment, and onboarding of new participants to OBI’s employment services.
- Develop and monitor the Workforce Development budget, with a goal of meeting or exceeding all revenue projections.
- Closely monitor DORS referrals, status, and service authorizations to ensure efficiencies on behalf of Company as well as DORS; ensure the accurate maintenance of DORS referral/status tracking and inform CEO of any cases that need additional attention.
- Ensure timely completion of monthly billing and mandated reports for all funding sources (DORS, DDA, relevant grants, etc.).
- Ensure complete and accurate participant program files, attendance, and CareTracker notes in the iCare case management system.
- Attend meetings, conferences, committee meetings, and trainings as assigned.
- Ensure compliance with all COMAR, MDH, OHCQ, DDA, DORS, and OBI policies.
- Work with the manager of Workforce Development to develop meaningful programming/curricula to be implemented by workforce development staff.
- Research emerging trends and legislature in disability field and the workforce development industry to remain abreast of specific needs of the local labor market.
- Professionally represent OBI in the local chambers of commerce, at industry specific meetings, and in the broader community.
- Support OBI in expansion efforts to include diversifying funding and programmatic offerings.
- Develop professional and effective working relationships with key stakeholders such as Coordinators of Community Services (CCSs), employers, DORS and DDA representatives, and clients and families/caregivers.
- Participate as an active member of Company’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with individuals who have disabilities.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- HS Diploma required; bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration preferred. In lieu of advanced degree, a candidate must have at least 3 years of related business experience with a demonstrated record of success.
- Growth minded and innovative.
- Organized and have a detailed knowledge of prospects and pipeline.
- Creative problem solver, ability to effectively generate and follow up on leads and opportunities from start to finish.
- Poised, effective and dynamic verbal and visual presenter.
- Ability to leverage influential relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as strong skills related to teambuilding and working collaboratively across departments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, individuals served, and external stakeholders.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and daily access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft word and excel documents specifically.
- Ability to report to the office or in the community, five days a week.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit package, including fully paid medical health insurance for employee, matching 403b, and 22 days of PTO to start.
Zip code: 21108
Job ID: #64163DWD