A Nonprofit housing and community development organization serving northwest Baltimore has an immediate opening for a Director of Marketing & Communications (DMC), who will work closely with program staff to design and implement communications strategies and effective messaging for organizational and project-specific goals. The DMC will coordinate and execute marketing plans for the organization and another agency. The DMC will develop strategies to increase exposure and raise brand awareness of organization’s mission, values, and competencies. When successful, the DMC will generate support for and engage community stakeholders in organization’s work. They will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with all levels of management and staff, as well as agency clients, board members and other stakeholders.
- Help drive organization’s mission, fulfill our vision, and abide by our organization’s values.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs and special events.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders in organization’s work.
- Stay informed about new and existing programs and initiatives at organization and another agency.
- Develop partnerships with members of the media to enhance publicity opportunities.
- Ensure communications are culturally competent and reach diverse audiences.
- Leverage a multichannel marketing strategy with a focus on reaching target audiences.
- Oversee the development, design, distribution, and maintenance of high-quality print and digital collateral, including, but not limited to annual reports, brochures, presentations, and newsletters.
- Lead the strategy and generation of engaging content for organization’s website, social media, and email channels that leads to measurable action.
- Plan and manage organization’s outward-facing events, including print and digital collateral –leading a team of agency volunteers.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, including leading communications, marketing, social media, and public relations activities of a nonprofit organization.
- Outstanding copywriting and copy-editing abilities
- Strong creative, strategic, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the successful development and execution of marketing campaigns, communications, and public relations activities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, HTML coding, and digital graphics production
- Experience with online marketing, including social media and content marketing.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft 365 platforms; Adobe Design Suite experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Preferred but not required: experience with audio/visual production; knowledge of housing and community development.
Pay: $75,000-$80,000 annually; salary commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Full-time; Hybrid, in the office at least 3 days/week.
Benefits: Benefit Package included.
Zip code: 21215
Job ID: # 10281DMC