A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that assists individuals with disabilities in Maryland to achieve their personal goals and reach their maximum potential, is seeking to hire a Community Support Manager.
The Community Support Manager will actively support a primary caseload of assigned individuals by navigating all case management needs related to the individual’s funding, provide face-to-face supports for assigned individuals for approximately half of the work week, demonstrate a clear understanding of each DDA funding type, to include Personal Supports (PS), Community Development Services (CDS), Employment Services (SE), and Individualized Support Services (ISS) and be available to provide coverage throughout the region for all funding types.
What does this opportunity give me?
- Community outreach. Work with a diverse population.
- Pride. Work for a company that is passionate about our mission and helping people find their path to independence.
- A strong team and support system.
- Impact. Make an immediate difference in someone’s life.
- Ownership and responsibility for your position.
What will I do at Abilities Network?
- Manage Person Centered Plan (PCP) process of primary caseload by scheduling and attending PCP prep and final meeting within required timeline.
- Complete Provider Implementation Plan (PIP) in ETO for PD approval.
- Review funding as listed in current service authorization and monitors expected service-funding changes during monthly supervision with Program Director.
- Locate and coordinate community resources based on individual needs and funding to include housing, food/clothing, transportation, financial resources and planning, health and safety.
- Work collaboratively with other community agencies such as the Department of Human Services, Department of Social Services, Social Security, Department of Rehabilitative Services, local health departments and housing authorities as well as other service providers to foster a team approach in order to meet an individual’s specific needs.
- Work with ESM to satisfy any employment related needs of individuals on primary caseload.
- Coordinate meaningful service delivery with CSP team as dictated in the individuals PIP/PCP goals and implementation strategies.
- Create support schedules for assigned caseload with management team (other CSM/ESM & PD) to meet all weekly funding needs for region.
Documentation and Training
- Promptly and actively participate in required training and professional development opportunities.
- Complete all Disability Specific Trainings (DSTs) for all consumers as assigned.
- Accurately record face-to-face and case management touchpoints within 24 hours of support provided.
- Understands the Americans with Disabilities Act and the rights of individuals with disabilities.
- Effectively assist individuals with requests for reasonable accommodation in the community, on the job, when accessing community resources etc. as necessary.
- Customizes supports to meet and support the skill level of individuals served.
Responsibility and Accountability
- Report to Program Director for biweekly supervision.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure service delivery needs are being met for primary caseload to include goal progress updates, scheduling availability and preferences as well as leading a general discussion during team meetings.
- Keep in good contact in the field with agency cell phone and laptop during working hours. All verbal and written (email & voice mail), internal and external communication is professional and addressed on a daily basis
- Responsibly manage schedule including arriving on time, securing coverage due to planned absences and communicates schedule changes immediately to supervisor.
- Keeps Outlook calendar up to date daily so it accurately reflects work schedule at all times.
- Maintain availability to work a typical schedule of a 40-hour work week including evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Ensure team coordination by scheduling appointments, entering them into the team calendar, and updating Outlook as needed.
What does Abilities Network need from me?
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and dedication to Abilities Network’s MISSION and GUIDING PRINCIPLES. Actively promotes and represents agency philosophy through all interactions with both internal and external customers. Performs all miscellaneous duties as assigned necessary to fulfill the MISSION of Abilities Network.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the human services field.
- Prior leadership experience necessary.
- Must have access to transportation, as necessary to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to travel state wide as needed is required.
- Past demonstration of exceptional skills in the areas of Social Perceptiveness, Active Listening, Active Learning, Service Orientation, Critical Thinking, Complex Problem Solving, Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships, Integrity, Self-Control, Dependability, Cooperation, Stress Tolerance, Persistence, Persuasion, Negotiation, Instruction, Speaking and Writing is required.
Schedule: Full time